Thursday 17 January 2013

Ode to life’s little (or big!) luxuries


I live outside the city, with my parents. Sometimes it’s a beautiful blessing like having my wicked awesome fam jam around and being in the country with all that space and dirt roads! Trees! Fields! Room to breathe! And guess what? I CAN’T (nor would I ever want to) see my next-door neighbour in the bathroom. Privacy; isn’t it lovely? I think Jodie Foster backs me up on this one.

But…
Spending a ton on gas - not cool. Spending at least an hour on the road daily - not cool. What’s even un-cooler? Having to do my laundry at the laundromat. Let’s just say our plumbing system is exhausted…and has been for 3 years… so I haul all my dirty clothes into the city in our dead cold winters to the lousy quarter wash.

A lady and her laundry
When a friend said I could use their apartment in the city as a crash pad I was more than a little bit excited. What surprised me was just how exciting it was:

…. The food I put in the fridge was still there the next day! Go figure.

…. I was able to wash and dry my clothes without going outside. Beauty, just B-e-a-utiful.  

I could clean the place and when I came back, get this… it was still clean.  

And last but certainly not least, I did not have to fight, arm wrestle, or nag anyone for the remote in the premo living room location!

Crazy.

I guess I’m at that age where living on my own seems more and more appealing. But for now… so what if I have to do my laundry in the city…shucks, who needs TV anyways?... no bills? A roof over my head? Water, heat, and free food...I’m ALL in. Can I stay at home till I’m 30? Looking at the glass half full yet again, thanks parents J



3 comments:

  1. Cities: One of the great inventions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Being in the country can be wonderful and relaxing but cities are more convenient for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute post Alex. I completely agree with you. City conveniences are amazing, but I'll be living outside the city at some point for SURE!

    ReplyDelete