Friday 25 January 2013

Gush about Lush


It all started around Christmas. If my friend Alyssa didn’t buy me a ton of Lush products, this wouldn’t have happened… but I have to say I’m now a lush fan girl.
(prices according to their Lush Times magazine)

First it was the massage butter bar. It made my skin so silky! Perfect for my elbows and legs. Goodbye wintertime dryness. Smells great and feels great.
Therapy: $10.95/65g

Then it was bath bomb galore.  If I took more baths then I might become a bath bomb addict. Mine was orange and I’m still not sure what scent it was but it smelled yummy. My only criticism is it turned the water a lovely brown and orangey mercky color and left a residue to clean up after and I’m not a fan of cleaning the bathtub.
$6.25/100g

Karma Karma Karma. Citrus and patchouli goodness. Their original scent. First I was hooked on the soap.
$7.95/100g

When I’d used up all the soap I moved onto the shampoo bar - Karma Komba. Karma smelled up my bathroom so much so that soon enough my sister and mom started bringing home Karma Lush products.  The Karma Komba shampoo leaves my hair squeaky clean but I wouldn’t recommend it for people with long hair because I find my hair become quite tangled after. You must use a think conditioner with this one!
$11.95/55g

But it all went south with the Karma solid perfume stick. The perfume smells great on my wrists but after a while on my neck I started to smell like a Cesar! I assume that my body’s natural oils interact with the perfume slightly differently than other people. My suggestion for anyone purchasing perfume; try some on and come back a couple hours later to see if you still like the smell on you.
$9.95 /12g

The Veganese conditioner is very light. If you don’t want a heavy conditioner go with this one! It’s super lemony! It’s light and fresh. For me, this conditioner was too light for my hair. I needed to use their R&B leave in conditioner afterward.
$19.95/250mL

Solid Brick conditioner with sea salt and coconut oil was very hard to A) put into my hair B) didn’t moisturize. I say pass this one up for another condition like Happy Happy Joy Joy now that’s a good conditioner and it lives up to its name as my favourite conditioner. Super creamy and super moisturizing.
Happy Happy Joy Joy - $24.95/250mL

R&B leave in conditioner is at the end my absolute favourite. It’s comparable to Moroccan Oil. You only need a little. It left my hair feeling soft and of course as per Lush protocol, smelled great.
$22.95/ 100g

Hmm. What to try next!?

A little snippet from their website. For that question: why Lush?

We believe in making effective products from fresh, organic* fruit and vegetables, the finest essential oils and safe synthetics.
We invent our own products and fragrances. We make them fresh by hand using little or no preservative or packaging, using only vegetarian ingredients, and tell you when they were made.
We believe in buying ingredients only from companies that do not commission tests on animals and in testing our products on humans.
We believe in happy people making happy soap, putting our faces on our products and making our mums proud.
We believe in long candlelit baths, sharing showers, massage, filling the world with perfume and in the right to make mistakes, lose everything and start again.
We believe our products are good value, that we should make a profit and that the customer is always right.
* We also believe words like fresh and organic have honest meaning beyond marketing.
Go to lush.ca for more information on their products 

No comments:

Post a Comment