Thursday 10 January 2013

Happy New Year






I hope everyone had a relaxing break and partied hard but safe. Now it's 2013 and time to start working hard once more. The start of a new year seems to be a time for new beginnings and change… 


Over the break: 
  • Five. FIVE of my friends broke off their long-term relationships and TWO got engaged.  
  • Some friends and family moved out, and others back in. 
  • I’d just about forgotten all about new years and the resolutions hoopla until I walked into my Thursday hot yoga class and found it was packed. 
    • More bodies in a class = more body heat = a hotter class = harder workout… and a faster exhausted Alexandra. I can’t wait until next month when the attendance is cut in half. 

I began to wonder... what's in the water over the month of December? Why does it take the beginning of a new year to realize we deserve to be healthy and happy?

I've discovered that December is a.k.a the month to re-evaluate ourselves. If only we did it more often…

Of the five couples that decided to end their relationship I wanted to ask why did it take you this long and the month of December to realize you weren’t a great match...

My point: You deserve the best. You deserve to be happy, so don't wait till January 1st. Start living healthier now. Be happy now. Surround yourself by the people and things you love...right now. Settle for nothing less. Don’t procrastinate on this one and re-evaluate throughout the year.   

Cheers to a great new year. Bring it on 2013. 

No comments:

Post a Comment