Friday 15 February 2013

Don't worry man, it's just a situation!


It’s 1am and I’m only half asleep. Why? - Because my parents are coming home from Jamaica. I hear the garage door open and the rustling by my bedroom door. They’re home and I call out for a hug.

My parents travel a lot. This isn’t the first time they’ve gone away, still in the honeymoon phase after 25 years and I love it. I love having parents who are in love. Naturally, they have created a beautiful home filled with it.



CreComm is a full time job. Having a part time job and volunteering on top of it can become quite the juggling act. Sure enough, as soon as they went on vacation stress moved on in. 

What did I need? I’ll admit it; I needed my mom and dad. They’re the ones who tell me it’s going to be okay. They tell me I’m smart and ask what they can do to help. They’re proud of me and let me know it. These words of encouragement are pivotal.

I’ve been taught to be independent. I got myself into the programs I wanted. I figured out how to get a license. I got each job on my own and have financed a good chunk of my life. I don’t rely on my parents for much but once in a while I get caught up in life and it’s comforting to know they’re there for me. Words cannot truly describe just how much they mean to me. Tribute to the best parents in the world: Lorraine and Ihor.  

When I vented to my mom later she said (in her best Jamaican accent) "Don't worry man, it's just a situation" 

Look at that fine couple. They're back and I feel like I can take on the world again. I've missed them. Glad they're home.

No comments:

Post a Comment