Friday 28 February 2014

Mantra of the week

It's fairly obvious I'm a yogi. A prairie yogi to be exact. Sometimes it's difficult to mesh my hippie self with my professional shopaholic self. It's the truth! ha!

Knowing that, I follow Rachel Brathen, yoga_girl, online. She is such a wonderful spirit and I really admire her values and passion for life. She's my daily inspiration and one of my role models.

Last week she shared this simple saying on Instagram:

Be like the river.
Go with the flow.

Let it lead you to the infinite stillness of the ocean.


These few words have helped me enormously this week and I wanted to share it with you. Do you have someone being difficult around you? Are you nervous about a project? I sure had these two stressors in my life this week and this little saying with a big meaning brought me back to a stillness and a calm.

Whatever is bugging you right now (be it a relationship, school, family) sometimes it's best to let it go. Go with the flow. We have this need to always be right and control our next step. It can become tiresome and stressful. -- Not to say you should be a pushover in anyway shape or for, but if it means losing a battle once in a while to save yourself from a war I say go for it. Life is too short to get caught up in drama, negativity, and worry. Be like the river.

I hope in some way I helped a reader find calm like I did this week with my new mantra. Have a wonderful weekend :)

No comments:

Post a Comment